Spring Session 1 starts on Friday, March 26 and/or Sunday, March 28! Click the gray registration box to register. This will be a 4 week session due to renovations and travel hockey team tryouts. Make sure to check the dates of the session. ONE parent/guardian is allowed in the rink for LTS, but if you do not need to stay, we recommend that you exit the building due to our capacity restrictions. Parents MUST stay in the rink, not the lobby. Siblings are not allowed to come into the building unless they are skating. We highly recommend skaters leave their masks on while on the ice during Learn-to-Skate.
Ice Land is using new software through Athlete Trax. You will need to make an account the first time you sign in. The first page is about THE SKATER. If they are under 18, the NEXT PAGE is YOUR information. All of your registrations will be neatly stored for you in this new system! Take some extra time when signing up and make sure to choose the correct registration when proceeding!
If you have credits from a past session, email Jenn@ice-land.com for a code to use at checkout! Credits cannot be applied after purchase.
Current + Next Session Dates
Spring Session 1-*
Friday 3/26, 4/9, 4/23, 4/30
Sunday, 3/28, 4/11, 4/18, 4/25
* This is a 4 week session due to renovations and prices reflect the 4 week session on the registration!
(No classes 4/2, 4/4, 4/16. Dates subject to change.)
Registration is OPEN!
Learn to Skate USA and our group ice skating lessons will prepare you/your child for advancement in the sport of ice skating. Ice skating can be a group or an individual sport. It teaches self discipline and the feeling of accomplishment with the skill, but most of all, ice skating must be fun!
Learn to Skate USA is the only program endorsed by US Figure Skating, USA Hockey + US Speedskating.
Class Friday AND/OR Sunday
$99 Tots, Basics, Freestyle, Adults, Hockey
$149 - Classes on both days!
$149 Adv. Freestyle - 1 hr/Sunday only
$199 Adv. Freestyle (Sunday) AND Freestyle (Friday)
* All registrations include one free public skating pass!
* Trial classes are $25/class.
(Due to capacity restrictions, please email email@example.com to see if we can accommodate.)
* Each session is 5 weeks long.
* All sessions include a half hour class AND practice time.
* NO REFUNDS/CREDITS WILL BE GIVEN!
* NO MAKE-UPS THIS SESSION!
Classes start on each half hour!
(Practice time is 5:30-7:00p!)
5:30-6:00p – Tot 1-4, Basic 1, Adults (Beginner)
6:00-6:30p – Basic 2-6
6:30-7:00p – Pre-Freestyle, Freestyle, Hockey,
Adults (Moderate to experienced to freestyle)
(Practice time is 10:30a-12:30p!)
9:30-10:30a – Advanced Freestyle
10:30-11:00a – Tots 1-4, Adults (Beginner)
11:00-11:30a – Basic 1-3
11:30a-12:00p – Basic 4-6, Hockey
12:00-12:30p – Pre-Freestyle, Freestyle,
Adults (Moderate to experienced to freestyle)
Tots 1-4 (3-6 yrs old) - Basic elements for the younger skaters including marching, swizzles, backward wiggles, stops, curves, glides and dips. Helmets are mandatory for our tot classes. (Age is an estimate. You can choose Tots or Basic when signing up.)
Basic 1 (7 and up) - Marching, fall down and get up, backward wiggles, forward swizzles, two foot glides and beginning snowplow stop.
Basic 2 - Backward swizzles, two foot turns, one foot glides and moving snowplow stops.
Basic 3 - Backward glides, slaloms, one foot swizzle pumps, pivots and backward stops.
Basic 4 - Forward crossovers, forward edges on the circle, backward glides, two foot spins, lunges and backward pumps on the circle.
Basic 5 - Backward crossovers, backward edges on the circle, one foot three turn on an outside edge, advanced two foot spins and hockey stops.
Basic 6 - Spirals, mohawks, bunny hops, one foot three turn on an inside edge, side toe hops and turns on the circle.
Pre-Freestyle - Landing positions, ten step mohawk pattern on the circle, mazurka, waltz jump and one foot spin.
Freestyle 1-6 - Jumps, spins, edge work, spirals and moves-in-the-field. (Advanced Freestyle is an hour long class that utilizes half of the class for moves, edge work and spirals and the second half of class for jumps and spins. Advanced Freestyle is open to anyone in Freestyle 1 and up. If you wish to take Advanced Freestyle, please choose it when checking out.)
Hockey - Must have hockey skates and a cage helmet (Mandatory!). Sticks are not allowed during Learn-to-Skate time. Prerequisites - Basic 4
Adults (18 and above) - Learn to skate at a more relaxed pace. Many elements from various levels are covered according to your level of skating.
Special Olympics - Different levels of classes designed for each skater. Choose 'Special Olympics' from the drop down menu.
* Remember, some classes are harder than others and may need to be repeated. Don't be discouraged - practice!
Learn-to-Skate at Ice Land is YEAR round! Classes are Sunday mornings and Friday evenings from September to June. Classes are on Wednesday and Friday nights during the summer. Learn-to-Skate, public sessions, freestyle and hockey run every month, all year long! Skate to great all year long with us at Ice Land!
* Ice skating lesson sessions run continuously every 5 weeks on Friday evenings or Sunday mornings. There are times due to holidays, tournaments, etc. that we have a week scheduled off. Be sure to check the current dates listed on this page and/or any of our Learn-to-Skate flyers.
* Feel free to join after the session has already started - we would love to have you! We will pro-rate the price for you at the rink.
* Not ready to commit? Trial classes are allowed. ($25 per trial class, per skater.) Please check in at the desk, not the Learn-to-Skate desk, to register for a trial class. (Trials will be allowed if we can accommodate. With capacity restrictions, we cannot guarantee them at this time.)
* There is NO make-ups or credits given at this time due to missed classes.
* Please allow yourself enough time to check in and get your skates on. On the first day, there tends to be a line and this can impede on your class time. Make-ups are not allowed due to missed class time and classes will not be extended. Badges will be given on the first day of class and collected on the last day. Badges are required for class. Lost/stolen/forgotten badges are $5 to be replaced. Badges must be worn to EVERY class.
* Once you have your skates on and tied securely to the top, using all of the hooks in a crisscross pattern, head into the rink. If it is your class time, proceed to the far door and we will get all kids on the ice from there. If your class hasn't started but Learn-to-Skate has already begun, you may practice on the other side of the cones until your class begins. Remember, practice is of utmost importance!
* Parents/Siblings may skate for an additional $10 per day.
* Parents may NOT skate with their kids during class time. This is a distraction to the kids and our coaches.
* Don't forget your gloves/mittens and helmets! (They are not provided by the rink.)
* Please note, coaches are not responsible for holding up skaters during class. Skaters are expected to try to stand on their own.
* NO SKATES ON THE BLEACHERS!
Skating Director - Jenn Schaffener
* Donna Console * Jeanne Bachmann
* Laura Gardner * Angela Sidoti
* Brittany Hood * Thulasi Ram
* Heather Anderson * Caitlyn Higgins
Did you hear? The Skating Club of Ice Land is offering Learn to Skate Memberships for a discounted rate at it includes your very own Skating Club of Ice Land jacket! How exciting!
So why join the skating club?
* Get a Skating Club jacket!
* Skate in our club shows!
* Attend our annual Skating Club awards banquet!
* Volunteer with the club at many venues throughout the year!
* Attend our annual summer party!
* Attend our annual Skatesgiving event!
* Join the Junior Leaders or Mini-Junior Leaders; a club within the club! The Junior Leaders plan the club's events, decorate, volunteer in the community, meet once a month on Friday evenings and help the club in any way they can!
* Have access to all of our fabulous Skating Club spirit wear!
* Make new and lifelong friendships with your skating family!
* And most importantly - HAVE FUN!
* You can sign up for Learn-to-Skate by clicking the link above. You will have to make an account the first time you log in and then you will be able to register online each session. We recommend signing up online in case we need to email out any important information including weather closings, reminders about dates not included in a session, etc. Due to capacity limitations, don't wait to sign up!
* You can also sign up in person at the rink, but we advise that you get to the rink early, as there tends to be a line to register on the first day of each new session. Avoid the line - register online! Or stop by the rink during our normal operating hours to register for classes.
* Make sure to register for Learn-to-Skate USA (insurance) once per season per skater. Being a member of Learn-to-Skate USA includes a welcome packet, a subscription to Learn-to-Skate USA Magazine, secondary sport insurance, great information to make your first glides on the ice successful and more! Registration for Learn-to-Skate USA is MANDATORY and done separately from registration for Learn-to-Skate. Please choose 'Ice Land Basic Skills Program' from the online list. Learn-to-skate USA requires a registration number for each skater in order to participate in their hockey or figure skating programs. This is done only ONCE per season - July 1-June 30. This is NOT DONE through Ice Land, but required by US Figure Skating. Please choose 'Sign Up' from their homepage to register! If you are renewing your membership, please choose 'Log In/Renew.' www.learntoskateusa.com
Starter private lessons are a great way for a child or adult who has never skated, to get a one-on-one lesson with one of our instructors before their first group lesson. Starter lessons help to ease you/your child's nerves if they are nervous about skating. Consider a private lesson before your first class! Coaching fees (to coach) and ice time fees (to Ice Land) apply and are paid on the day of each lesson. Call, text or email our director Jenn to schedule your first lesson.
Private lessons are available as a starter lesson, booster lesson (To help with a certain skill, etc.) or as a way to continue learning skating skills. Whatever your goals are, we are here to guide you!
Would you love to give someone the gift of ice skating? A future figure skater perhaps? The next big hockey player? Contact our skating director or the front desk, to purchase your gift certificate for a Learn-to-Skate session, etc. today!
We have adult Learn-to-Skate classes from beginner to advanced levels. Whether you have NEVER skated before and have always wanted to learn or you are more advanced and want to continue to learn, join us on the ice! Learn at your own pace along with other adults. What a fun activity for the entire family to learn - together!
Click here for more information on adult classes!
Our Learn-to-Skate ice skating camp is designed for the complete beginner to Basic 6* (LTS USA levels) skater (age 4+) who wants to learn how to skate, discover and practice new and exciting skills both on and off the ice, make new friends and have fun! Beat the heat and join us at the 'coolest' camp in town!
Skaters will be busy all day - both on and off the ice - with many activities! We hope they learn to love the ice, just as much as we all do!
* Skaters Pre-Freestyle and higher, will join our Figure Skating Camp!
NEW! Learn to Skate off-ice training! Learn to Skate off-ice will focus on functional fitness methods that will work on balance, agility, core strength and coordination enhancement utilizing yoga, stretching and exercises that train the body for everyday activities. Off-ice is an imperative component of ice skating whether it's for a figure skater, hockey player or recreational skater. Plus it's fun and who doesn't like to have fun!? Sneakers are required. Skaters will meet by Locker Room 4 in the Phantoms Rink at class time. Sunday class is 12:45p + Friday class is 7:15p. Classes are each 30 minutes in length. Classes are $5 per class if you pre-register. Walk in's are $10 per class if we can accommodate.
NEW! Have littles who are interested in hockey (3-6 years old)? Enter the Mini Chiefs! The Mini Chiefs will join our regular Learn to Play program, the Junior Chiefs, on Saturday mornings from 9:10-10:10a. The Mini Chiefs MUST be enrolled in our Learn to Skate program to do the Mini Chiefs program, as they still need their skating skills through Basic 4 to move to our Learn to Play program. Hockey helmet, hockey skates (Can use rentals!), hockey stick, hockey pants, shoulder pads, elbow pads and shin guards are needed. Talk to Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about gear or the program. We have Mini Chiefs jerseys to purchase if you are interested! Names and favorite numbers may be added to the back for an additional fee! Sign up under your Learn to Skate registration. The Mini Chiefs will start with Winter Session 3 of Learn-to-Play and will run the same as the Learn-to-Skate sessions. More info at www.ice-land.com/minichiefs.
* Mini Chiefs will need a USA Hockey number. Birth years 2013 and later can obtain a USA Hockey number at no cost at membership.usahockey.com.