There is no class today, Monday, January 21 (as per email) due to the freezing temps. Keep those kiddos home. Class will be extended an extra week.
Welcome to our Totsicles program here at Ice Land! Our Totsicle classes are designed for preschool aged children from 2-5 years old (but not limited to!) and are held on MONDAY and THURSDAY mornings at 10a, starting in September. We want to make your first glides on the ice rewarding and memorable and continue to build a lifelong love of skating!
This program is also open to kids who are homeschooled and have flexibility with their class time. Email me at email@example.com after signing up with ages of the children signed up, so I can be sure to let you know what time their class will be!
'Learn to skate USA' and our Totsicle classes will prepare your child for advancement in the sport of skating. Skating can be a group or an individual sport. It teaches self discipline and the feeling of accomplishment with the skill.
Class Monday or Thursday for 5 weeks
$99 Totsicles or Into to Learn-to-Play
Class BOTH Mon & Thur for 5 weeks
$149 Totsicles or Intro to Learn-to-Play
- Parents skate with your Totsicles/Homeschoolers for $5 per day!
- Trial Classes are $20/class/skater/day.
Monday and/or Thursday - 10a to 11:30a
(Practice time is 10a-11:30a.)
- Includes 30 minutes of lesson time
and 60 minutes of practice time.
10:00-10:30 - Tot 1 & 2, Intro to LTP 1 10:30-11:00 - Tot 3 & 4, Intro to LTP 2
Tot 1 - Sit up and stand up both off and on the ice, march in place, march forward, march and glide on two feet, dip in place
Tot 2 - March followed by long glide, dip while moving, backward walking, backward wiggles, beginning forward swizzles, beginning snowplow stop, two foot hop in place
Tot 3 - Forward skating, forward one foot glide, forward swizzles, beginning backward swizzles, moving snowplow stop, curves
Tot 4 - Forward skating, backward two foot glide, backward swizzles, rocking horse, two foot turns in place, two foot hop
Learn-to-Play 1 - Falling and recovery, basic hockey stance, march across ice, two foot glides and dips, T-push, snowplow stops, proper way to hold stick, puck play
Learn-to-Play 2 - Continuation of LTP 1, swizzles, moving snowplow stops, backward swizzles, forward one foot glides, backward two foot glides, continued stick handling and puck play, beginner c-cuts
* Hockey Gear is not required for Intro to Learn-to-Play, but encouraged!
Winter Session 1 - Monday- 1/7, 1/114, 1/21, 1/28 & 2/4 Thursday- 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, 1/31 & 2/7
Missing a class and need to do a make-up? No problem! The make-up class MUST be taken during the same session as you missed the class in. Only ONE make-up per skater, per session. No exceptions! Sorry, there is no option for a make-up during sessions where LTS is held only one day a week.
* Sessions run continuously every 5 weeks on Monday and Friday mornings. There are times due to holidays, tournaments, etc. that we have a week scheduled off. Be sure to check here for current and future session dates.
* Feel free to join after the session has already started - we would love to have you! You can do a make-up class on one of the other days that classes are scheduled.
* Not ready to commit? Trial classes are allowed. ($20 per trial class, per skater.) Please check in at the window, not the Learn-to-Skate desk, to register for a trial class.
* One make-up class per session, per skater is allowed.
* Please allow yourself enough time to check in and get your child's skates on. On the first day, there tends to be a line and this can impede on your class time. Make-ups are not allowed due to missed class time and classes will not be extended. Upon arrival at the rink each week, please get your name badge from the Learn-to-Skate table. Badges are required for class.
* Once you have your child's skates on and tied securely to the top, using all of the hooks in a crisscross pattern, head into the rink. If it is your class time, proceed to the far door and we will get all kids on the ice from there. If your class hasn't started but Learn-to-Skate has already begun, you may practice on the other side of the cones until your class begins. Remember, practice is of utmost importance!
* Don't forget your gloves/mittens and helmets! (They are not provided by the rink.) Helmets are required!
* Please note, coaches are not responsible for holding up skaters during class. Skaters are expected to try to stand on their own.
Learn-to-skate USA requires a registration number for each skater in order to participate in their hockey or figure skating programs. This is done only ONCE per season. (July 1-June 30) You MUST bring a copy of your registration to the Learn-to-Skate desk at the beginning of each session, unless you have selected Ice Land Skating Center during registration.
* You can sign up for Totsicles by clicking the link above. You will have to make an account the first time you log in and then you will be able to register online each session.
* You can also sign up in person at the rink, but we advise that you get to the rink early, as there tends to be a line to register on the first day of each new session. Avoid the line - register online! Or stop by the rink during our normal operating hours to register for classes.
* Make sure to register for Learn-to-Skate USA (insurance) once per season as noted in the middle column. Please choose 'Ice Land Basic Skills Program' from the online list. Being a member of Learn-to-Skate USA includes a welcome packet, a subscription to Learn-to-Skate USA Magazine, secondary sport insurance, great information to make your first glides on the ice successful and more! Registration for Learn-to-Skate USA is MANDATORY and done separately from registration for Learn-to-Skate. www.learntoskateusa.com
Starter private lessons are a great way for a child or adult who has never skated, to get a one-on-one lesson with one of our instructors before their first group lesson. Starter lessons help to ease you/your child's nerves if they are nervous about skating. Consider a private lesson before your first class! Coaching fees (to coach) and ice time fees (to Ice Land) apply and are paid on the day of each lesson. Call, text or email our director Jenn to schedule your first lesson.
Private lessons are available as a starter lesson or as a way to continue learning skating skills. Whatever your goals are, we are here to guide you!