Welcome to our Totsicles program here at Ice Land! Our Totsicles classes are designed for preschool age and homeschooled children and are held on THURSDAY mornings at 10a! We want to make your first glides on the ice rewarding and memorable and continue to build a lifelong love of skating!
NEW! Have littles who are interested in hockey (3-6 years old)? Enter the Mini Chiefs! The Mini Chiefs will join our regular Learn to Play program, the Junior Chiefs, on Saturday mornings at 9:10a. The Mini Chiefs MUST be enrolled in our Learn to Skate program to do the Mini Chiefs program, as they still need their skating skills through Basic 4 to move to our Learn to Play program. Classes will run for a half hour and will be discounted. Hockey helmet, hockey skates (Can use rentals!), hockey stick, hockey pants, shoulder pads, elbow pads and shin guards are needed. Talk to Heather at email@example.com if you have any questions about gear or the program. We will have Mini Chiefs jerseys to purchase if you are interested! We are currently getting those made, so give us a little time on those! Names and favorite numbers may be added to the back for an additional fee! Sign up under your Learn to Skate registration. The Mini Chiefs will start with Winter Session 3 of Learn-to-Play and the dates will coincide with the Totsicles sessions. More info at www.ice-land.com/minichiefs.
* Mini Chiefs will need a USA Hockey number. Birth years 2013 and later can obtain a USA Hockey number at no cost at membership.usahockey.com.
'Learn to skate USA' and our Totsicle classes will prepare your child for advancement in the sport of skating. Skating can be a group or an individual sport. It teaches self discipline and the feeling of accomplishment with the skill.
Class Thursday for 5 weeks
- Parents skate with your Totsicles/Homeschoolers for $10 per day!
- Trial Classes are $25/class/skater/day.
(Practice time is 10a-11:30a, minus lesson time.)
- Includes 30 minutes of lesson time
and 60 minutes of practice time.
Lesson Times - 10:00-10:30 - Tot 1 & 2 10:30-11:00 - Tot 3 & 4 11:00-11:30 - Practice Time
Tot 1 - Sit up and stand up both off and on the ice, march in place, march forward, march and glide on two feet, dip in place
Tot 2 - March followed by long glide, dip while moving, backward walking, backward wiggles, beginning forward swizzles, beginning snowplow stop, two foot hop in place
Tot 3 - Forward skating, forward one foot glide, forward swizzles, beginning backward swizzles, moving snowplow stop, curves
Tot 4 - Forward skating, backward two foot glide, backward swizzles, rocking horse, two foot turns in place, two foot hops
Thursdays! Winter Session 2 - 3/5, 3/12, 3/19, 3/26, 4/2
Missing a class and need to do a make-up? No problem! The make-up class MUST be taken during the same session as you missed the class in. Only ONE make-up per skater, per session. No exceptions! You can do the makeup tot class on Sundays at 10:30a or Fridays at 5:30p.
* Sessions run continuously every 5 weeks on Thursday mornings. There are times due to holidays, tournaments, etc. that we have a week scheduled off. Be sure to check here for current and future session dates.
* Feel free to join after the session has already started - we would love to have you! You can do a make-up class on one of the other days that classes are scheduled.
* Not ready to commit? Trial classes are allowed. ($25 per trial class, per skater.)
* One make-up class per session, per skater is allowed.
* Please allow yourself enough time to check in and get your child's skates on. Make-ups are not allowed due to missed class time and classes will not be extended.
* Once you have your child's skates on and tied securely to the top, using all of the hooks in a crisscross pattern, head into the rink. If it is your class time, proceed to the far door and we will get all kids on the ice from there. If your class hasn't started but Totsicles has already begun, you may practice on the other side of the cones until your class begins. Remember, practice is of utmost importance!
* Don't forget your gloves/mittens and helmets! (They are not provided by the rink.) Helmets are required!
* Please note, coaches are not responsible for holding up skaters during class. Skaters are expected to try to stand on their own.
Learn-to-skate USA requires a registration number for each skater in order to participate in their hockey or figure skating programs. This is done only ONCE per season. (July 1-June 30) You MUST bring a copy of your registration to the Learn-to-Skate desk at the beginning of each session, unless you have selected Ice Land Skating Center during registration.
* You can sign up for Totsicles by clicking the link above. You will have to make an account the first time you log in and then you will be able to register online each session.
* You can also sign up in person at the rink.
* Make sure to register for Learn-to-Skate USA (insurance) once per season as noted in the middle column. Please choose 'Ice Land Basic Skills Program' from the online list. Being a member of Learn-to-Skate USA includes a welcome packet, a subscription to Learn-to-Skate USA Magazine, secondary sport insurance, great information to make your first glides on the ice successful and more! Registration for Learn-to-Skate USA is MANDATORY and done separately from registration for Learn-to-Skate. www.learntoskateusa.com
Starter private lessons are a great way for a child or adult who has never skated, to get a one-on-one lesson with one of our instructors before their first group lesson. Starter lessons help to ease you/your child's nerves if they are nervous about skating. Consider a private lesson before your first class! Coaching fees (to coach) and ice time fees (to Ice Land) apply and are paid on the day of each lesson. Call, text or email our director Jenn to schedule your first lesson.
Private lessons are available as a starter lesson or as a way to continue learning skating skills. Whatever your goals are, we are here to guide you!