Summer Camp 2020 is on!
We are implementing safety precautions to keep our campers + counselors as safe as we can while in our care. Parents will need to sign a Covid waiver for their child to participate in our camps. Only one parent or guardian (wearing a mask) is allowed to enter the building to drop their kids off and sign them in. The same for pick-up in the afternoon. Upon arrival each day, campers + employees will have their temperature taken. If a fever (100+) is shown on either campers or employees, they will not be able to stay at the rink and must immediately leave the building. Extra hand sanitizers will be placed around the rink for campers + employees to use freely. Campers will be asked to wash their hands upon arrival at camp, before snack + lunch times and after getting off the ice. On the first day of camp each week, when we go over our regular safety measures, including fire drill + safety procedures, we will also go over hand washing safety + sanitation relating to Covid. Each camper will have their own bin of craft supplies in their cubbies so they do not have to touch each other's supplies. Skaters will keep their skates + supplies in their own cubbies for the duration of the week. We ask that you bring home their snow pants, jackets, sweatshirts and gloves to wash each night. We will practice social distancing measures where we can. We cannot guarantee they will not be in contact with other kids; that is nearly impossible. We are limiting the number of kids in Learn-to-Skate camp each week to 25 campers. (If we can accommodate more + follow the state guidelines, we may. But as of now, our max is 25. Campers will be placed on a waitlist once we fill up and should spaces open, waitlisted campers will be called in the order they are received.) Campers will be broken into smaller groups and remain with those same groups for the duration of camp both on + off the ice. When possible, we will go outside for our off-ice activities. While other camps may be going on, they will be on the other rink surface for most of the day and our departure and lunch times are staggered. Ice Land is cleaned and sanitized every day by our janitor and we have implemented more frequent cleaning procedures especially of the bathrooms, lobby tables and handrails. Craft and lunch tables will be wiped down each time the kids utilize them. Campers will be staggered during lunch time. We are following and monitoring local government guidelines on mask wearing during camp. Other changes in our original programming may be made to keep everyone safe but regardless, the campers will have a great summer! We are going to do what we can to keep everyone safe this summer and we are so excited to be able to run our camps at the rink this year! Now go ahead and sign those kids up before we fill up!
Our Learn-to-Skate ice skating camp is designed for the complete beginner to pre-freestyle* (LTS USA levels) skater (age 4+) who wants to learn how to skate, discover and practice new and exciting skills both on and off the ice, make new friends and have fun! Beat the heat and join us at the 'coolest' camp in town!
Skaters will be busy all day - both on and off the ice - with many activities! We hope they learn to love the ice, just as much as we all do!
* Skaters Freestyle 1 and higher, will join our Figure Skating Camp! Pre-Freestyle may also, but it is up to each skater and how much time they wish to spend on the ice during camp. Message firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions to help you decide!
2020 Dates - 9a-3p
$289 a week
* 5% multiple week OR sibling discount may be applied when you checkout!
(Use code MULTIWEEK or MULTISIBLING at checkout. Codes that are applied at checkout that DO NOT apply to your registration will be voided and must be repurchased. Codes that are NOT entered at checkout, cannot be applied later.)
* Gloves/Mittens (+ an extra pair just in case!)
* Skates (Rentals are included, if needed!)
* Knee pads (Optional!)
* Packed lunch
* Water bottle and a morning snack
* Large towel/Blanket for off ice activities
* A book to read/share
(Campers can leave their stuff in their cubby all week!)
Each camp day will have its own theme and the days activities will be centered around the theme! The kids get very excited to find out the theme of the day and many even come dressed for the theme!
Week 1, July 13-17 Themes -
Monday - Red, White + Blue Day
Tuesday - Mad Scientist Day
Wednesday - Shark Week!
Thursday - Dancing Through the Decades
Friday - Prehistoric Day!
* Once per week, campers will work with Joe DeMarco of DeMarco Training with off ice activities working on fitness, flexibilty, balance, etc.
* Once per week, campers will also have the oppurtunity to work with an AFAA certified fitness instructor on yoga, Pilates and will be introduced to different forms of dance!
Each camp day will consist of -
* On ice activities and group lessons
* Free skate time (supervised)
* Off-ice activities including arts + crafts, yoga, game play, story/reading time and more!
* 15 minute private on-ice lessons are available for an additional cost ($15) with any of our coaches/counselors. If you are interested in private lessons during camp, email email@example.com for more information and to schedule your lessons! You can also let us know during camp drop off in the morning!
Before + After care is optional and available for an additional cost. Skaters can be dropped off as early as 7am ($15 extra/day) and picked up as late as 5p ($15 extra/day). Later pick up times may be available if needed for an additional fee. Discounts available for using both Before + After care. All Before + After care will be paid the week of camp either per day or in full.
Camp merchandise is available for purchase! Represent the coolest camp in town in style!
Our counselors have all passed background checks, are members of Learn-to-Skate USA and are fun, energetic and ready to care for your children as if they were their own! Our Health Director is CPR and first aid certified.
Any questions? Message our camp director, Jenn at firstname.lastname@example.org today!